Saturday 14 September 2013

So Friday isn't Monday?!

To begin this blog, I'm going to tell you what I did yesterday. It was pretty hilarious, and I actually can not believe that I did it.
So, you know when you wake up and you're just so tired because you didn't have a great sleep or something? And you think it's a certain day, but then soon realize that it is in fact, a different day? Well, the first and second things happened to me. I woke up and, I have no idea why, I thought it was Monday. I didn't figure out that it was Friday till later. Anyway, I went to work and everything, still thinking it was Monday the 13th. So when I went to sign in for the day, I thought the person who worked the previous day was ridiculous! They had put down Thurs the 12th. It still did not occur to me that it was Friday. So I put in Monday, but not the date, cause by that time I was frazzled. Long story short, I realized a while later that it was Friday, laughed at myself, and then one of the work supervisors came and informed me that I got the day wrong. 

Then, at about 9 p.m. I decided that it was the perfect time to do what was probably the best workout of my life. I skipped for 20 minutes with no stops (excluding the times I tripped myself up for a second), held plank for 3 minutes something and then did lots of squats, push ups, ab stuff etc.

So yesterday was a good day, but then today was also a very good day.
I made caramel brownie. Flip, it's incredible! 


After I had done all my Saturday cleaning I went for a lovely bike ride to the beach to do a Bible reading. I love doing Bible readings at the beach, it's just so nice and calming.



After that though, it was time for a trip to the library! I got out three random books.

Want to know what else I did today? I BUILT A FORT! I know, it is pretty sweet. 
After dinner, and once Alastair and Alisha had gone, I ran down the stairs yelling, "I'M GOING TO BUILD A FORT AND YOU'RE NOT INVITED!" I'm not sure who I was yelling at, but whoever they were, they weren't invited.


Just chillin' in my fort. I'm pretty sure this is a #YOLO moment, don't you think?
Nothing beats a wicked sweet fort.


Oh, guess what I got today? That's right! A new Victoria's secret spray. It smells A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Thanks Lish! Haha, I love that she is an air hostess so she gets discounts on duty free stuff. Also, she's really cool. 



Okay, it is time to get serious. I've had some things on my mind today, and I need to let it all explode in the form of blog.

Today I've been thinking about how so many people are insecure and all that stuff. And how everyone is always trying to impress others. Why? I don't know. But it's silly. People do things to themselves to get others to like them, but what's the point if you can't even like yourself? It's strange, it seems like everyone lives to please others, when really the only person we need to please is God.
I know that I might be sounding like a hypocrite, since I've done things just to impress people. But everyone is insecure at some point. 
But, I'm no longer living to please people. I'm living to please God, and I'm going to be the person He wants me to be, and who I want to be. I will no longer be different around different people because I'm worried about what they'll think of me. If they can't handle me, tough. I'm learning to love myself. Not in a vain way, but in a way that I am who God wants me to be. I know I'm not perfect, but neither are you. So when people judge me for wearing make-up, or for when I don't, I'll just remember that I'm not living for them. If I want to wear make-up, I'm gonna wear it, however the flip I want. And if I'm too lazy for make-up, I don't care. God thinks I'm beautiful with, or without. So stop living to please others. I'm not saying you don't need to care about other people, you still need to respect them and if they don't like something you do, just don't do it around them. But don't go changing yourself so they'll accept you, because they wouldn't be accepting you, they'd be accepting a shell of who you really are. Live your life to please God. If you're living to please Him, the world isn't going to accept you anyway. As Christians, we will be persecuted for loving God, but that won't stop us.

I'm not going to apologize for that long ramble, but I will apologize if I came across as vain, or conceited, I was not trying to be. But I am who I am, and I love me. What's the point in disliking yourself? You'll never be happy if you can't live with yourself.

So cheer up, buttercup. Pick up your tiara, wipe your tears and be who God has made you to be. You are the daughter of the most High King. 


I am who I am, flaws and all. I'm so far from perfect, but I'm saved by Amazing Grace.
Don't be embarrassed about yourself. EMBRACE YOUR UNIQUENESS! No one can do what you do, how you do.





I'm off to think of more things to share with you next time.

Goodnight, little boogers. (It's like bloggers, but cooler.)

Lecy x



No comments:

Post a Comment