Sunday 8 December 2013

My inner black woman has escaped.

Wow, it's been a while.. But no time for apologizing for my absence, "Ain't nobody got time for dat," as my inner black woman would say.

Anyway, I've been rather busy recently. I'm working like crazy, and by crazy I mean I worked a 16 hour day on Friday, Then was back to work Saturday for a little 9 hour day. So I've been exhausted, but hey, my pay checks are getting fat.

But today, after being out all morning at church and having a nice picnic luncheon with some of my family I got home and had a nice peaceful afternoon of immersing myself in books, with a lovely cup of coffee.

Then, after reading a while, I had the best plan of my entire life (maybe not quite that good actually). I decided I would write a list of books for anyone who asks me out and tell them they have to read all the books on it before I even consider them to be a good friend.
My plan is perfect, because the list will just be growing continuously and no one would ever like me enough to read a mountain of books. 
After the first five minutes of list writing I had 13 books on the list. So after a week or so, imagine how many there will be! 
The list goes like this:

1. The Bible 
2. The Cross centered life, C. J. Mahaney
3. The Golden booklet of the true Christian life, John Calvin
4. Lord of the rings trilogy, J. R. R. Tolkien 
5. Narnia series, C. S. Lewis
6. Bondage of the Will, Martin Luther
7. The princess and the goblin, George MacDonald 
8. The Holiness of God, R. C. Sproul
9. Knowledge of the Holy, A. W. Tozer
10. Chosen by God, R. C. Sproul
11. Till we have faces, C. S. Lewis
12. Pride and prejudice, Jane Austin 
13. Pilgrims Progress, John Bunyan

As you can see, my favourite books are theological or fairytales, and by the time the list is complete I'll be dead, so no one will ever be allowed to be my friend. Unless of course they're girls, girls are okay I suppose.

Now I'm done boring you with my ways of scaring off all the boys I'll move on to something else..

Oh! I was feeling a tad creative before, so I wrote this cool thing on my mirror, "Beauty is fleeting, so gather wisdom with flowers." Not sure if I came up with it myself or if it's a quote that I can't remember correctly, but I like it nonetheless.

I honestly have no idea why this is titled what it is, but it was all I could think of and it was kinda amusing.

Well I best be off now, I've rambled enough for this month, it's time for sleep.

With coffee and sprinkles of unicorn love,

Lecy xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment